Maleny Lodge has been operating continuously as a successful Boarding House, Guest House and Bed & Breakfast for over 60 years.
Originally named 'Rosedale', Maleny Lodge was built around 1905 by Mr A.C.K. Cooke for his family. With at least 5 bedrooms, this Grand Queenslander was an impressive residence.
The Watson family acquired the property in the mid-1940s and, with the addition of some extra rooms, setup a Gentlemans' Boarding House.
This accommodated teachers, bank managers and other professionals in need of long-term accommodation. The manager of the Maleny Co-operative Dairy Factory boarded here for many years.
As the land was cleared of timber, the lush, green pastures were ideal for cattle and dairy farming - and Maleny is still famous for award-winning dairy produce today.
The Cooke Family were an integral part of the town's early progress and Cooke Park, on the main street in Maleny, was dedicated by the children of Mr & Mrs Cooke to the memory of their parents.